In 2002, Bill Carroll was looking for a new start. After serving twenty years in the New York City Fire Department and retiring as a ranking officer, the thought resting on his laurels was not the least bit appealing. At the suggestion of his wife Donna, Bill considered a career in real estate. She reminded him that they had always seemed to root out great values in the purchases they had made for the family, and how much he enjoyed the hunt for the right property, and the excitement of negotiation and closing of the deal.
All well and good thought Bill, but he thought “How would experience serving in the FDNY add value to a sales job in real estate? What could I bring to the table to help people achieve the dream of purchasing a home of their own?”
Bill listed the qualities he had that were essential in not only surviving, but excelling in a very dangerous occupation.
His ability to:
- Communicate; listen thoughtfully, speak intelligently
- Think outside the box; it’s rarely easy to work it out and create a positive solution
- Do the right thing; consider others’ needs before your own
- Create and follow through with a plan; essential for success
Bill listed the traits that became so ingrained over the years that anything less would just not do:
- Loyalty – to the highest degree
- Ethical Soundness – never less than 100%
- Teamwork – work as a team, win as a team
- Trustworthiness – always – no matter the outcome
It seems a little obvious now, but it’s the above lists that have guided and shaped Bill’s real estate career path into becoming one of The East End of Long Island’s most trusted and sought after brokers. Many years and successful transactions later, Bill continues to receive the highest recommendations from his buyers and seller clients alike.
Hand-picked because they share the same core values and work ethic, you can expect the same level of expertise, loyalty and professionalism from any one of the agents at The Hamptons Edge. It is because Bill and his team prefer to work “for” clients instead of “with” customers that the tagline at The Hamptons Edge is, “In Real Estate, Representation is Everything”.